Tuesday, September 23, 2008

  I finally finished the digital scrapbook I was working on of Owen's Make a Wish trip in April.  It took me literally over 24 working hours to complete-I kept finding errors when I went to preview it, some pretty big ones, like wrong dates, etc! It's my first one, so I am hoping that once I have the finished product in hand I will be happy with all of my work!  The program I used is from Creative Memories, and is really amazing. I will need to play around a bit more and read the info online to learn more about the program. There is so much you can do with it. (Thanks, Deby!)
  We did get to see Owen's eyes a few short times during the day, and I held him tonight for awhile. He looks so incredibly peaceful once he is settled in my arms. I read two "Owen and Mzee" books to him. It is the true story of a baby hippo named Owen who was displaced by a tsunami, who became friends with a 130 year old tortise named Mzee at a wildlife sanctuary in Kenya. Very cool! Again, I think Owen enjoys listening to us, so although I do give him alot of downtime, I think it's soothing and important for me to continue to read and talk to him while I can when he seems semi-awake. Usually, he will fall back to sleep as I am reading or talking, but that is more than ok. It seems that it takes an incredible amount of strength for him to open his eyes for any length of time. I believe that he is listening, even when his eyes are closed.
  I am so, so, so thankful for every day we have with him. I would have never guessed that I would still be able to have him here with me now when we saw the scans in April, and certainly in July.  I realize how incredibly lucky we are. Again, he is the strongest person I know, and until the tumors tell him otherwise, he is staying right where he is-at home, with his family, where he is comfortable. He is right where he belongs-(especially when he is in my arms), and he does not want to go anywhere.
  I am so afraid of losing him. My heart stops sometimes when he is taking awhile in between breaths--I don't know what I will do when he doesn't ever take another one.
 But, for now, "We got another one!"

1 comment:

^Christian Showers^ said...

I know how you are feeling right now and please know im here if you need to talk. Im sure Christian will be waiting to play with him when the time does come,knowing they will be together cancer free. This is not easy im not saying that at all. Keep reading, holding and kissing him as long as your arms will allow.
Hugs to all
Amy
^Christian^
www.christianshowers.blogspot.com