Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Have you read the book "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult? It's one of my favorites.  I read it before Owen's journey with cancer...hits home harder now, obviously. It's about a family with two daughters. One has leukemia. The other was conceived to be a bone marrow donor for her sister.  When that daughter reaches 13, she decides that she no longer wants to be the pin cushion and donor for her sister and sues her parents for the rights to her body, with potentially fatal results for her sister.
  The book has been made into a movie that is being released in June.  I am sure that it will be phenomenol.  Jodi's books have all been books that really force you to ask questions of yourself and question what you believe.  I hope that the movie does the book justice.  If I taught high school English, I would love to have the book included in my curriculumn.   
  Keep Owen's smile in your thoughts--I always do!

1 comment:

michigan_herrs said...

I keep debating about if I should go see the movie or not. I starting, not just crying, but bawling when I just watched the interview with Cameron Diaz on GMA. I am afriad I would do the same, if not worse in a movie theater.