Thursday, May 8, 2008

Owen's father and I had to meet with the funeral director yesterday to make pre-arrangements for Owen. We are having him cremated, both of us will get a portion of his ashes. Better to plan these things while we are still rational and not having to make rash decisions. Though not an easy day, for sure...
Owen is still doing amazingly well! I cannot believe how active and happy he still is, although I am of course incredibly grateful. I consider myself so very lucky to have this time to spend with him, even though I am sure I will always feel robbed of the future both he and I could have had...
We went to the Strong Museum in Rochester for a very short visit today because when we visited there on Saturday, my brother noticed a sign to have your child's handprint on a tile on the wall, although we missed the deadline posted of April 30. I asked at the desk and was given the name of a person to call who was able to get us in today so that Owen will have his handprint on the wall with the batch that went in-it will be on permanent display sometime in June. If we had missed the mail-in for that, his handprint wouldn't have been displayed until December, which almost surely meant that he would not have had the opportunity to view it, so I am so very thankful to Andrea Blocchi at the museum for allowing us to sneak in on that one! Purchasing the handprint also gives us a family membership at the museum, so we will be able to make the trip out there hopefully weekly or so while he is still feeling well. There is so much to do there we could literally spend hours and hours there and not see and do everything! Of course, Owen picked pink for the color he wanted his handprint displayed as (as in the Pink Power Ranger....) but he changed his mind and will have it orange at the museum, and pink for the ones that will be sent to me!
Enjoy those streaks of sun that are playing hide and seek through the clouds!
Jen

1 comment:

bgraham said...

Thinking about you and Owen.

Brian Graham